25 interesting facts about me! (“My dream duet is with Bono”)
With “Into the Unknown,” Idina Menzel, a Broadway legend and performer of the hit musical Frozen, revealed five fascinating facts about herself to Us Weekly exclusively.
The actress was trying to make a name for herself by singing at various celebrations — and lying about her age — decades before she either won a Tony Award or had huge success with the Frozen franchise.
According to the Glee alum, “I used to sing at weddings and Bar Mitzvahs,” adding that she “lied about my teenage age so I could perform.”
Menzel’s breakthrough came when she created the character Maureen in the 1995 film Rent. She later married Taye Digga co-star, in 2003. With her later roles as Elphaba in Wicked and Elsa in the 2013 Disney animated film Frozen, the Enchanted actress was able to take her career to new heights.
Despite his separation in 2014, Idina Menzel and Diggs is still co-parenting their son Walker, who is 12. Despite the fact that her child is now in his tween years, the Cinderella star told Us that she “still prefers to rock him like a baby while he sleeps.” At the same time, she offered him the treehouse of her desires, the one she “always dreamed of having as a child”.
Menzel fantasizes about her future career choices as she doesn’t take care of her son, spending time with her husband Aaron Lohr, or perform. According to her, Whitney Houston’s “I Have Nothing” is her favorite song to sing in the shower. “My dream duo is with U2 frontman Bono,” she told Us.
For more entertaining facts about Menzel, keep reading:
- Idina Menzel is my real name, actually. An honorary doctorate in fine arts was awarded to me.
- I’ve performed at Bar Mitzvahs and weddings in the past.
- To be able to play, I lied about my teenage age.
- In the same tone, I love singing “I Have Nothing” by Whitney Houston in the shower.
- Despite the fact that my 12 year old son, Walker, is still a baby, I still love rocking him to sleep.
- My pancakes are fantastic.
- I gave my son the tree house I had always hoped to have when I was a kid.
- The Black Stallion is my favorite movie.
- I can use any hand.
- Wet kisses are not my favorite. except when they come from Louie, my dog.
- If I eat popcorn, I have to take a Diet Coke.
- I often have nightmares of losing my teeth and not graduating from college.
- U2 frontman Bono and I would make a great duo.
- I love my 1988 Mercedes convertible, which is baby blue.
- In my backyard, I tied the knot with Aaron Lohr, the man I’ve been with for four years.
- I bought Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson’the A Star Is Born soundtrack as my very first album.
- Wherever I go, I can sleep.
- I have no body art.
- I have a lot of rivalries.
- At my son’s basketball games, I have to be careful what I say.
- I like to eat breakfast for dinner.
- My buttered bagel and coffee go great together.
- I’d rather be on my couch than on a red carpet, according to number 23.
- The West Wing is one of my favorite TV shows.
- When I saw how well other moms were looked after after school in the morning, I was inspired to launch my clothing brand, Encore by Idina Menzel.
For more entertainment information updates, please visit landscapeinsight.com